Saturday, December 18, 2010

A New Record!!!

I love new records. Particularly this one. I'm sure some of you are pretty tired of me continually saying that J has another diaper rash. I am too.

Today we hit a new record. Over 48 hours without a diaper rash! It's been over six months since this all started. And ya' know, I could get used to this. No battling to change a diaper, no screaming, no bleeding raw spots, no crying baby, no... you get the idea.

We were going though 2- 4oz tubes of Walmart's version of desitin a day. Basically Then I saw a post by Fitteds and Pockets and Snappis, oh my! that reminded me of her Mailbox Mondays posts. So I asked if she had any suggestions for diaper rash creams/salves. She mentioned three we hadn't tried... so, we got them.

  • Boudreaux Butt Paste
It was the first one we used and while it seemed to clear up the rash for a couple changes, it came back. So we moved on to the next one.
  • Triple Paste
It was really thick and worked okay at night, as long as we changed his diaper every couple hours... which we were already doing. It worked only so-so during the day. No big improvements.  
  • Earth Mama Angel Baby: Angel Baby Bottom Balm
I didn't have high hopes for this one. While we do use a fair amount of herbs, I hadn't noticed that they worked too great for diaper rashes... and this was an 'herbal' salve and I was sure it wasn't going to do a thing... none of the more powerful creams had helped. But... it worked. His raw cheeks healed over and didn't bleed, it started to look pink instead of a fiery red... It almost looks normal!

J likes the balm too. So much that he's been getting into it and rubbing it all over his hands and arms. I don't mind. It's much better than all the other creams he was getting into and rubbing on his hands and all over his changing table. But, it was a two ounce tub and it's almost gone now! No one is complaining about the tea tree oil smell though. I think they've gotten use to it!

Thank you Maria for your suggestions!!!

0 comments: